Le skirt!

Or, how I finally used the Simplicity pattern!

The deal was that I was going to use one of those Burda patterns, but it turned out that I didn’t have a tracing paper big or transparent enough, to actually trace the pattern onto it. I didn’t want to spend the evening not sewing, because it’s weekend after all, so I opted for the Simplicity pattern, which I had bought last summer.

This was the first time that I actually followed the printed pattern, and I’m happy with the results. However, I would like to point out that something with the measurements isn’t right, because according to the hip measurements, my number wasn’t even on the pattern envelope. So I cut out the biggest size, and ended up with a skirt that is at least 3 inches too big, so I had to make additional seams and cut the old ones. It’s still way too lose. I must have misread something wrong.

The next one will be much better, but I am super proud of this result!

Of course, I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t use the pattern for stretchy, jersey knits with non-stretch cotton. The next one will be cotton, too.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s